Serving all 50 states
Toll free in the U.S.

Single Status Apostille

Do you require an Apostille on a Single Status Affidavit?

Multichoice Apostille can help you obtain an apostille on your Single Status Affidavit easy and stress-free. Our experienced and knowledgeable team is here to assist you with Single Status apostille processing in all 50 states, the District of Columbia (Washington DC), and US Embassy/Consular offices globally.

If you decided to get married in another country and if this country is a member of the Hague Apostille Convention, you will be asked to provide an apostille on a Single Status Affidavit. 

Single Status Affidavit can also be called:

• Affidavit of Single Status
• Affidavit of Marriageability
• Certificate of Freedom to Marry
• Certificate of No Impediment for Marriage
• Certificate of No Record – Marriage
• Certificate of No Public Record
• No Record of Marriage

To receive an apostille on your Single Status Affidavit, you should first contact your local County Clerk’s office and ask for a document confirming that you are not married. County Clerk offices may call this document a “Single Status” or a “No Record of Marriage.” All County Clerk’s offices have a special template for this document and are required to provide it when asked. Documents issued by a County Clerk’s office do not require notarization. 

If on a very rare occasion the Country Clerk is not able to provide a Single Status template, you can prepare this document yourself if you are physically in the United States. There are plenty of samples of Single Status affidavit online and you can use any of them. Basically, a Single Status document is your sworn statement that you are not married to anyone in the United States. If you write your own Single Status affidavit, it should be signed and notarized by a notary public before it can receive an apostille. Before you mail your Single Status to our office for an apostille, we recommend that you check with the country requesting it, that your own written document will be acceptable.  

If you are located outside of the United States, you should contact the local US Embassy or US Consulate office for obtaining, signing, and notarizing a Single Status affidavit. 

The apostille process can be quite complex and if you are not familiar with it, it’s best to trust professionals like Multichoice Apostille to take care of it. If you need a USA apostille on a birth certificate, marriage certificate, death certificate, or other documents, please choose our apostille services. Multichoice Apostille has almost 20 years of experience in processing authentication documents for use abroad. We will take care of all the complicated details for getting your documents certified while you can focus on other things. We apostille USA birth certificate, death certificate, marriage certificate, divorce decree, school transcripts, FBI background check report, Social Security letter, and other documents. Multichoice Apostille is your unmatched service provider for USA apostille!

Our experts are available Monday through Friday from 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM. Please call us with any questions at 1-770-447-0360 or toll-free 866-416-0747, for easy-to-follow detailed instructions.

Toll free in the U.S. 866-416-0747 / 770-447-0360