Serving all 50 states
Toll free in the U.S.

Certification of U.S. issued documents for use in a foreign country, a non-member of the Hague Apostille Convention 

* Is your United States issued document intended for use in a country that does not accept Apostille? 

* Apostille is nonvalid if used anywhere within the United States of America, US territories, or possessions. If your document will be used only in the United States, you need to contact the authorities that issued the document or your local government to get information on additional certification required for the use of your document in the U.S.

Complete the easy steps below and we will help you get your document legalized for use abroad: 

Step 1. Provide details about your document

   - Is this document an original or a certified copy?
   - If yes, proceed to Step 2.
   - If no, you will first have to procure an original or a certified copy to continue legalization process.

Step 2. Provide a place of issue of the document

    Was the document issued in one of the 50 U.S. States or the District of Columbia, and has an official stamp/seal of the issuing authority?
   - If yes, then proceed to Step 3.
- If no:
- Was your document issued by the U.S. Federal government? If you answered yes, proceed to U.S. Department of State Apostille page for further instructions.
      - Was your document (corporate or personal document) signed and notarized by a licensed notary public?
         - If yes, proceed to Step 3
         - If no, you will first need to have the document signed and notarized by a licensed notary public.

Step 3. Country of destination:

Is the country of your document’s destination included in this list?
   - If yes, then your document will need an apostille. Proceed to Our Services page for further instructions.
   - If your country is NOT on the list, your document will need a U.S. Secretary of State certification and legalization by the Embassy or a Consulate. Proceed to Step 4 and follow instructions.

Step 4. Document check:

To ensure your documents are ready for legalization we would need to review them before we ask you to mail the originals or certified copies to our office. Please upload the documents for legalization to our contact form. We will review your documents and provide you with the total cost estimate and the processing time. You can also see our rates and processing times for different document types on our Rates page. 

Step 5. Fill out the Apostille/Authentication Request Form:

1) Download the Apostille/Authentication Request Form here.
2) Print and fill out the form using our instructions on how to submit the payment and send the required documents to our office. 

We will confirm the receipt of your documents in our office by email or phone. We may also contact you if we have any additional questions pertaining to your case. 

Step 6. How to contact us:

Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns during our business hours 9 AM - 5 PM U.S. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday:

• By phone: 770-447-0360
• By fax: 770-447-0790
• You can also send us a message via the web form or Contact Us page.

Toll free in the U.S. 866-416-0747 / 770-447-0360