Serving all 50 states
Toll free in the U.S.

With us Documents for International Adoption Apostille is easy! 1-2-3 and you are done!

1. Download and complete our order form.
2. Send your original document along with the completed order form to our office.
3. Get your apostilled Documents for International Adoption at your address in any part of the world!

Check out Our Services page for details and instructions on how to begin the process of making your documents legal in a foreign country.

If you plan to adopt a baby from a foreign country, the country of your baby’s origin will request a portfolio of certain documents. These documents need to be apostilled to be legally accepted abroad. 

Before you submit your paperwork for apostille, check with your adoption agency for the complete list of all the necessary legal documents, the number of copies, and which of the documents require an apostille. Please refer to a list of most commonly requested documents below: 

• Yours and your spouse’s Birth Certificates
• Marriage Certificate.
• Approval notice from the immigration service (USCIS).
• Divorce Decree.
• Home study.
• Financial Statements.
• Letter from your employer(s).
• Medical letters.
• Police Report and FBI Background Check.

The list of requirements can differ depending on the document that needs authentication. Overall, documents submitted for the international adoption apostille must be original, notarized, signed by an official, or be a certified copy. Documents written in a foreign language must be accompanied by a certified (notarized) English translation. If you need help with translating your adoption portfolio, please let us know.  

Remember that if a document in your international adoption portfolio is issued by one state, an apostille on it is always processed in the same state’s jurisdiction. For example, let’s say you have a birth certificate issued in California that needs an apostille, only the State of California will be able to process an apostille on your California-issued birth certificate.

Also, an apostille on international adoption documents can only be issued if they are intended for use in the member-countries of the Hague Apostille Convention. If you are adopting from a country that is not a party to the Hague Apostille Treaty, you will need to request an adoption documents legalization - a special authentication through the U.S. Department of State in Washington, D.C., and legalization through the Embassy / Consulate office.

Obtaining an apostille on international adoption documents is a complicated process and should be handled by professionals only. Remember that trusting your important documents to incompetent people unfamiliar with the specifics of each country, may lead you to unplanned expenses, and delays of your important business by weeks, or even months. Complex matters must be handled by experts, and that’s why we recommend using an expert like Multichoice Apostille to take care of apostilling your international adoption documents.

For any questions please visit our FAQ page or Contact Us page.

Toll free in the U.S. 866-416-0747 / 770-447-0360