Serving all 50 states
Toll free in the U.S.

With us Apostilling a Single Status Affidavit is easy! 1-2-3 and you are done!

1. Download and complete our order form.
2. Send your original document along with the completed order form to our office.
3. Get your apostilled Single Status Affidavit at your address in any part of the world!

Multichoice Apostille assists with Apostille for Single Status Affidavits issued by all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia. 

Check out Our Services page for details and instructions on how to begin the process.

A Single Status Affidavit is also often called a Certificate of No Record of Marriage. You can obtain the Single Status Affidavit from your local county clerk or state registrar. This document is intended to attest that a person listed in it is not currently married. A Single Status Affidavit can be required for employment purposes. Also, if a person who had been previously married needs to show that he/she is no longer married, he/she can present the divorce status with an apostilled divorce decree obtained from the court. 

Single Status Affidavit is also referred to as:

• Affidavit of Single Status
• Affidavit of Marriageability
• Certificate of Freedom to Marry
• Certificate of No Impediment for Marriage
• Certificate of No Record – Marriage
• Certificate of No Public Record
• No Record of Marriage

To get an apostille on your Single Status Affidavit, you should first contact your local County Clerk’s office and ask for a document that states you are currently not married (also known as Single Status).  Some County Clerk offices call this document as a “No Record of Marriage” instead of a “Single Status”.   All County Clerk offices must have templates of this document. If you are denied a Single Status template, request to speak to a supervisor.  A document issued by the County Clerk’s office does not need to be notarized.
In rare instances, when the County Clerk cannot help you and you are located in the United States, you can write own Single Status Affidavit.  There are plenty of samples of this document online. A Single Status is basically your sworn statement confirming that you are not currently married to another person in the United States.  This document must be signed and notarized by a notary public before it is mailed to our office for apostille. Also, check with the people/country requesting your Single Status if they accept an affidavit written by you.

Since many countries require that the Single Status Affidavit was received within 90 days, we recommend that your Single Status Affidavit should be recently issued.  Also check with the country requesting your document for the specific requirements on your document validity.

If you are outside of the United States, the local US Embassy or US Consulate office should be able to assist you with obtaining, signing, and notarizing a Single Status. 

If a country requesting your Single Status Affidavit is a member of the Hague Apostille Convention, we will process an apostille on your Singe Status. For countries – non-members of the Hague Apostille your documents may require further authentication through the U.S. Department of State in Washington, D.C., and legalization through the Embassy / Consulate office. 

Obtaining a Single Status Affidavit is a complex process and should always be handled by professionals only. Remember that trusting your important documents to incompetent persons who are unfamiliar with the specifics of each country, may lead you to lost money, and delays of your important business by weeks, or even months. Complicated matters must be handled by experts, and that’s why we recommend that you should let Multichoice Apostille take care of obtaining your Single Status Affidavit.

For any questions please visit our FAQ page or Contact Us page.

Toll free in the U.S. 866-416-0747 / 770-447-0360